Friday, July 18, 2014

WiP: Fire Lords command squad on bikes, Ork summoned Deamonettes.

The friend that I've been painting Imperial Fists bikes and Stormtalons for is also running an allied command squad. Nothing unusual with that, in fact it's really good.   But he wanted a different chapter and decided on Fire Lords.  However after much searching, it looks like no one has ever put Fire Lords on bikes, so I had to come up with something of my own.

I wanted a bit of yellow on the bikes but didn't think doing a particular section of the armor would look right.  So I decided on flames. I'm waiting to hear back just to make sure the owner is ok with it before I continue.

But even if he isn't happy with it, I really am! lol.

anyway, wip pic.


I also finished a test model for my deamonettes, but I'm not entirely happy with it. The skin turned out a bit too purple in places, but that is just doing a better job. The rest of them will be more grey and less purple.  But the amount of green is just what I wanted.






The glowing Ork glyph beneath her feet was an idea from a youtube comment, and I think it's going to add a lot to the models.  I just need to work on the glow effect.

Anyway I have lots to keep me busy, that's for sure.  I will be primarily working on the bikes, but the deamonettes won't take very long.  Then probably the Mek Guns are next.

No comments:

Post a Comment