Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Trukk #4 finally done!

After a lot of work Trukk #4 is done. My goal was to make it more like a 40's or 50's Ford/Chevy truck

I do mean a lot of work. It was much more work then the cab-over because I had to fit pieces to the GW kit instead of just scratch building.

But after what..2 weeks?  of work it's finally done and I can't be happier. Opening doors, hood and tailgate. Strait sides on the bed.  I love it.

Anyway next project up is more Imperial Fist commission work..namely a Storm Talon.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Trukk #4, teaser 3

As it turns out, this Trukk is taking longer then the cab-over scratch build.

But here is another teaser...

I'm still not even close to done.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cusom Ork Trukk #4 - teaser 2

Just some of tonight's work, building up around the radiator.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Teaser - Trukk #4

Work has started on Trukk #4 already.

It may not seem like much, until you realize the firewall on the stock kit isn't flat, but sits farther back on the driver side.  This was a bit of work to get a strait firewall.  I also removed the scoop from the engine..

As always, more to come.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Custom Ork Trukk #3 build complete!

This one was a LOT more work then the last two, but was totally worth it. 

First, I extended the rear frame just enough to hold the third axle.  I then cut the front and middle of the frame to shorten it up.  I carefully spaced the 3rd axle using the leaf springs and drive shaft from the other kit so it was spaced just right.

The biggest issue was the engine, I simply didn't have enough room for it. I butchered it and made it fit into the space I had, so it only just looks like an engine enough to call it good.

The doors were almost an afterthought, and now I'm glad I did. That way I can take the driver out to paint it separately and then glue him in place later.

I decided to leave it a flatbed because I thought it looked cool and that way I can use it for other a flakkatrukk later if I want.

I didn't magnetize anything because I figure the primer and paint in the hinges will keep the doors closed, and the cab does not really need one at all.

Anyway, pics!

Teaser #2

There is a LOT of work going into this.  But it's worth it!